THIS PAGE CONTAINS OLD INFORMATION - HPC staff will work on updating it soon.
This page is intended as a quick introduction for new users submitting their first job to the HPRC Cluster.
In the typical work flow the user:
- Logs into zodiac.hpc.jcu.edu.au
- Prepares a submission script for their jobs
- Submits their jobs to the Job Scheduler
- Monitors their jobs
- Collects the output of their jobs.
A few things that new users should be aware of:
- Typically, jobs are not run in an interactive manner, except when:
- users are running small one off jobs
- evaluating the resources required for bigger jobs
- using graphical applications like MATLAB
- Examples of interactive jobs:
- HPRC Cluster software is not run in a window on their desktop, neither is it launched by clicking on it in a network drive.
- Users need to log into the cluster and inform the job scheduler about their job and it will run it when it can.