Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- HPC storage is compatible with Australian government requirements/guidelines (e.g., responsible research).
- Your research data is too large to store on a personal computing device.
- Data protection - disk failures are unlikely to result in lost data.
- Protection against silent data corruption.
- Research collaboration.
- Certainty that memory errors won't invalidate your results.
- Power outages (e.g., RCD testing) are killing jobs running on your desktop/laptop computer.
- Running jobs on your computer takes too long and/or interferes with other tasks you need to do.
- Your computer doesn't have enough memory to meet the requirements for your computational research.
- Increasing your computational research productivity through parallel (e.g., MPI) execution of jobs.
- Increasing your computational research productivity by running multiple jobs at the same time.
- Increasing your computational research productivity through use of GPUs (from June-2018).