JCU has recently purchased campus wide licensing for MATLAB. This license gives all current JCU staff/students rights to use MATLAB and all it's toolboxes on any platform, including personal computing devices. Details on toolboxes etc. available with this license can be found at https://au.mathworks.com/products.html.
MATLAB 2020a and earlier versions remain tied to perpetual licenses purchased by HPC. The JCU HPC perpetual license has the following licensing limits:
- 50 User License (core): MATLAB, MATLAB Coder, Simulink, Simulink Coder, Simulink Control Design
- 50 User License (toolboxes): Control System, Optimizatiom, Signal Processing, Symbolic Math, System Identification
- 11 User License (toolboxes): Statistics & Machine Learning
- 10 User License (toolboxes): Global Optimization, Parallel Computing
- 5 User License (toolboxes): Mapping, Neural Network
- 4 User License (core): MATLAB Compiler
- 4 User License (toolboxes): Fuzzy Logic, Image Processing, Wavelet
- 2 User License (toolboxes): Audio System, DSP System, Curve Fitting, Instrument Control, Partial Differential Equation, Simscape, Simscape Power Systems
- 1 User License (toolboxes): Aerospace
It is my understanding that one (1) User License equates to "one user, one computer, using no more than 2 CPU cores".
HPC conda3 software environments
HPC conda2 software environments (LEGACY)
Software supplied by RedHat