THIS PAGE CONTAINS OLD INFORMATION - HPC staff will work on updating it soon.
This page is intended as a quick introduction for new users submitting their first job to the HPRC Cluster.
- Typically, jobs are not run in an interactive manner, except when:
- users are running small one off jobs
- evaluating the resources required for bigger jobs
- using graphical applications like MATLAB
- Examples of interactive jobs:
Content by Label showLabels false showSpace false cql label = "interactive-cluster-job" labels interactive-cluster-job
- HPRC Cluster software is not run in a window on their desktop, neither is it launched by clicking on it in a network drive.
- Users need to log into the cluster and inform the job scheduler about their job and it will run it when it can.