JCU central computing accounts expire within months of your departure date. Some of the key points to be aware of:
- This may not be enough time to copy all your research data to another location.
- HPRC accounts generally outlive central computing accounts, however access to them will change.
- Your research data does not get deleted as soon as your central computing account expires. It may be archived though.
- ICT/HPRC staff will only ever delete data associated with expired accounts if our storage is close to fully consumed.
If other researchers will need ongoing access to the data you created/obtained after your departure, please contact HPRC staff to arrange this. Alternatively, create a Service-Now request to facilitate the changes required.
You can of course manually copy your data to whatever storage resources you have access to - but you should think about the following:
- The amount of HPC disk space you are using.
- The internet bandwidth available to you (how long the transfer will take).
- The media you are transferring data to - speed and capacity.