NOTE: zodiac.hpc.jcu.edu.au will place your connection on one of two systems -
ln02.hpc.jcu.edu.au. Most people will probably prefer to replace all occurrences of
zodiac with either
This is a method that HPC staff use to access HPC/eResearch systems.
Execute the following commands on a HPC login node.
- Install "Microsoft Remote Desktop" software on your personal computing device, your Desktop Support can help with this if required.
OSX - can be installed from App Store.
Microsoft - please download and use the version found in the Microsoft Store, note you do not need a microsoft account.
- Start "Microsoft Remote Desktop" or "Remote Desktop Connection" software on your personal computing device.
- For OSX Add an entry to your "Microsoft Remote Desktop" control window (see image below).
- The following two images represent a tested, by HPC staff, configuration
- Click on the Add button.
- To connect to a HPC login node, simply double click on the "Saved Desktop" that you just created. Note: Use your JCU username and password.