Planned Outage - Major ICT Maintenance Window for the 2nd to the 4th December

Who is Affected: All JCU staff and students, All Campuses

Service Affected:  All JCU ICT Services

When: 2nd December 2016 – 8:00pm AEST

ETA: All services expected to be restored 4th December 2016 – 5:00pm AEST

Description: A Major ICT Maintenance Window  will occur over the weekend commencing at 8:00pm AEST 2nd December 2016 with all services expected to be operational by 5:00pm AEST 4th December 2016.  Major ICT Maintenance Windows, are weekends when the entire JCU Network and all ICT services are unavailable to allow upgrades to be performed on essential services.

Schedule

·         3:30pm Friday 2nd – Password changes offline

·         5:00pm Friday 2nd – eStudent, My HR, FinanceOne and SMS offline

·         8:00pm Friday 2nd – Staff Email offline

·         7:00am Saturday 3rd - All JCU Network & ICT services offline

Some off-campus services such as LearnJCU will remain available for the whole weekend, though there may be issues retrieving audio and visual resources during this period.

What do I need to do? For more information about scheduled outages see the ICT Stay Informed page. Follow ICT Twitter for updates over the weekend. If you are experiencing disruption to any ICT service after 5:00pm AEST on Sunday the 4th December then please contact the IT Help Desk on the next business day for further assistance.