Unplanned Outage: Townsville phone problems

Who is Affected: All JCU staff

Service Affected:  JCU phone service to outside users

When: 09th June 2016 – 13:45am AEST

ETA: Unknown

Description: Any external phone calls on the JCU Avaya phone system are experiencing calls cutting off & general service interruptions, reports are showing Townsville campus is severely affected but Cairns is also showing some interruptions.

Our vender Telstra is aware of an issue and is working on the problem but a resolution time is not known at this stage.

What do I need to do?  Please monitor Central Computing Bulletins for further updates and event schedule changes. ICT apologises for any inconvenience, please contact the IT Help Desk if you are still experiencing issues and require further assistance after the outage.

Ref: PRB0000478