Planned Outage: TONIGHT - F5 BigIP Load Balancer System

Who is Affected: All Staff
Service Affected:  All ICT Services
When: Wednesday 13th April 2016 – 8:00pm AEST
ETA: Wednesday 13th April 2016 – 8:15pm AEST

Description: : Major upgrade work has been scheduled for tonight, Wednesday the 13th April on the F5 BigIP Load Balancer system which provides access to all ICT Data Center Services. Unfortunately a graceful fail-over as part of this upgrade is not possible, therefore a 10 to 15 minute service interruption is expected between 8:00pm and 8:15pm as the updated F5 BigIP is brought into service. There will also be a team of staff doing post-upgrade functionality tests of all major services. Should any of those fail we will endeavour to fix the issue immediately. In the unlikely event a short term fix may not be possible we will fail back to the pre-upgrade system.

What do I need to do?  Please monitor Central Computing Bulletins for any further updates. Contact the IT Help Desk if you are experiencing any issues with ICT Services after this maintenance window ends.

Ref: CHG0002320