Planned Outage: F5 BigIP Load Balancer System

Who is Affected: All Staff
Service Affected:  All ICT Services
When: Sunday 10th April 2016 – 8:00am AEST
ETA: Sunday 10th April 2016 – 4:00pm AEST

Description: : Major upgrade work has been scheduled for this Sunday the 10th April on the F5 BigIP Load Balancer system which provides access to all ICT Data Center Services. Unfortunately a graceful fail-over as part of this upgrade is not possible, therefore a 5 to 10 minute service interruption is expected between 12pm and 2pm as the updated F5 BigIP is brought into service. There will also be a team of staff doing post-upgrade functionality tests of all major services. Should any of those fail we will endeavour to fix the issue immediately. In the unlikely event a short term fix may not be possible we will fail back to the pre-upgrade system.

What do I need to do?  Please monitor Central Computing Bulletins for any further updates. Contact the IT Help Desk if you are experiencing any issues with ICT Services after this maintenance window ends.

Ref: CHG0002320