Update 18th Jan 4.00PM: JCU Douglas campus network and telephone outage

Who is Affected: All JCU staff and students – Townsville Campus
Service Affected:  Computer Network and Telephony Services
When occurred: 3rd January 2016 – 10:00am AEST
ETA: TBA

Description: At 10am Sunday 3rd January, JCU experienced an ICT equipment failure, resulting in the Townsville campus network and telephony services working intermittently or not at all.

UPDATE – Monday 18th January, 4.00PM(AEST)

A further network event occurred this afternoon Monday 18h of January at approximately 2.00PM which affected the entire Douglas campus.  The event is being investigated by our vendor (Juniper) with on-site engineers in attendance.

The JCU Computer Network was return to an operation state at approximately 3pm with all buildings up and running.

We will continue to work with the vendor to diagnose a root cause and remedy.

What do I need to do?  ICT apologises for any inconvenience and if you are still experiencing any problems other than the building listed above, please contact the IT Help Desk .

Ref: PRB00000360