Update 8th Jan 4pm: JCU Douglas campus network and telephone outage

Who is Affected: All JCU staff and students – Townsville Campus
Service Affected:  Computer Network and Telephony Services
When: 3rd January 2016 – 10:00am AEST
ETA: TBA

Description: At 10am Sunday 3rd January, JCU experienced an ICT equipment failure, resulting in the Townsville campus network and telephony services working intermittently or not at all.

UPDATE - 8th January, 4:00pm (AEST)
A network event occurred this afternoon at approximately 3:15pm which affected the entire Douglas campus.  The event was triggered by an attempt to reinstate sections of Building 15 not affected by asbestos removal.  All services returned automatically.  The JCU Computer Network should now be fully operational with all buildings up and running with the exception of Building 15 - 1st floor.

We will continue to work with the vendor to diagnose a root cause and remedy.

What do I need to do?  ICT apologises for any inconvenience and if you are still experiencing any problems other than the buildings listed above, please contact the IT Help Desk .

Ref: PRB00000360