Update 7/1 1545hrs - Unplanned Outage Cairns Telephone Lines

Who is Affected: Anyone trying to contact Cairns campus via phone
Service Affected:  Incoming calls to JCU Cairns Campus phone numbers
When: 7th January 2016 - 08:15am AEST
ETA: Unknown

Description: The fibre optic connection delivering phone services to the Cairns Campus is currently down, this is stopping any incoming calls from outside users getting through to any JCU Cairns campus phones,
A work around has been put in place to allow outgoing calls to be re-routed via Townsville switch.
ICT have reported the problem to the venders and we are waiting further information, an ETA is not known.

Update: 7th January 2016 - 15:45pm AEST,  A damaged cable feeding the northern suburbs of Cairns (including Smithfield Campus) is in the process of being replaced, a time line for service restoration is still unknown at this time.

What do I need to do?  Make outgoing calls to anyone that you think maybe trying to call you as temporary workaround.

Ref: INC0034990