Update 7/1 1500hrs: JCU Douglas campus network and telephone outage

Who is Affected: All JCU staff and students – Townsville Campus
Service Affected:  Computer Network and Telephony Services
When: 3rd January 2016 – 10:00am AEST
ETA: TBA

Description: At 10am Sunday 3rd January, JCU experienced an ICT equipment failure, resulting in the Townsville campus network and telephony services working intermittently or not at all.

UPDATE: The JCU Computer Network continues to be affected by a high severity incident.  The following building remain affected:

·         15, 19, 20, 21, 23, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34 - 1st  floor North and 900 in the Library  Precinct

ICT now have a level of confidence with our processes, that bringing further buildings on-line this afternoon will not impact the remaining campus. As such we will begin restarting the buildings listed above from 3pm today.  No interruption to other services is expected.

What do I need to do?  ICT apologises for any inconvenience and if you are still experiencing any problems other than the buildings listed above, please contact the IT Help Desk .

Ref: PRB00000360