Update: Computer Network and Telephony Services

Who is Affected: All JCU staff and students – Townsville Campus
Service Affected:  Computer Network and Telephony Services
When: 3rd January 2016 – 10:00am AEST
ETA: TBA

Description: At 10am Sunday 3rd January, JCU experienced an ICT equipment failure, resulting in the Townsville campus network and telephony services working intermittently or not at all.

UPDATE: At 5:00pm on Wednesday 6th January, ICT staff will resume work in conjunction with Juniper Networks support staff to restore networking services on the Townsville Campus of JCU.   Required actions are likely to result in the entire Townsville campus network being offline for a period of up to an hour (based on the advice we have received).

What do I need to do?  ICT apologises for any inconvenience and if you are still experiencing any problems other than the buildings listed above, please contact the IT Help Desk .

Ref: PRB00000360