Update: Outage of all Corporate ICT Services and Staff Email beginning 4:00pm 28th Dec 2015 AEST

Who is Affected: All JCU staff and students
Service Affected:  Corporate ICT Services and Staff Email
When: 28th December 2015 – 4:00pm AEST
ETA: TBA

Description: As a result of a problem with the JCU Storage Area Network (SAN), a number of corporate ICT Services have been unavailable since 4pm 21st Dec 2015.  To enable further investigation and resolution of the issue, ICT will need to restart hardware running ICT corporate services, resulting in a major outage where all corporate ICT Services and Staff Email may be offline from 4pm 28th Dec AEST.  ICT will endeavour to restore critical services as quickly as possible.

ICT Services which may be unavailable include but are not limited to:

               Staff Email

               Student Management Systems,

               Research Information Management Systems,

               StaffOnline,

               StudentsOnline,

               FinanceOne,

               Fraedom

               eStudent,

               GetStarted

               Fileshares

               Homes Drives

What do I need to do? Please shut down your JCU computer before leaving work and monitor Central Computing Bulletins for further updates when available.  ICT apologises for any inconvenience and we are doing our best to resolve this issue and get key systems up and running as quickly as possible.

Ref: PRB0000354