Unplanned Outage - Issue affecting external calls from Townsville and Cairns Campuses

Who is Affected: Townsville and Cairns Campuses
Service Affected:  External phone communications and EFTPOS machines
When: 6th August 2015 – 5:20pm AEST
ETA: TBA

Description: Phone Calls to and from both Townsville and Cairns campuses to external parties are experiencing dropouts. Whilst this is occurring, internal calls will still work, but EFTPOS machines will probably fail. The problem has been escalated to our phone service provider but at this stage no time to fix or other details are known.

What do I need to do? Staff can use mobile to mobile for calls without issue. Please continue to monitor Central Computing Bulletins for further updates.

Ref: PRB0000274