Hoax Email Alert

Who is affected: All JCU staff and students
Date Reported: 21st July 2015

Description: JCU advises the below message has been identified as a Spam/Hoax email that includes a compromised attachment. This email has not been sent from or endorsed by JCU.

What do I need to do? If you have received this email please delete immediately. Do not click on the attachment. If you have received one of these emails and either clicked on the links contained within it, opened the attachment or replied to the message then please contact the IT Help Desk.

To receive future security notices and ICT announcements please subscribe to the Central Computing Bulletins.

Sample Email Follows:

Message Subject:
Please make a payment
From Address(s): Numerous Addresses

Message Body:

Just a friendly reminder that you have 1 overdue invoice enclosed to this letter. If you have any questions about it,
please give us a call and we'll be happy to discuss it.