Hoax Email Update - Do Not Open Emails from Lin, Celia

Who is affected: All JCU staff and students
Date Reported: Monday 1st June 2015

What do I need to do? If you have received this email please delete immediately. If you have received one of these emails and either clicked on the links contained within it or replied to the message then please contact the IT Help Desk.

Sample Email Follows:

Message Subject:
UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT.
From Address(s): celina.lin at jcu.edu.au
Reply-To Address(s):  celina.lin at jcu.edu.au
Message Body:

Attn: Faculty/Staff/Students,

Your email account will soon be suspended (Reason: Quarterly quota maintenance). To update your email account, please CLICK HERE immediately for reactivation of your Web-Mail Account.

This message is from Webmail Administrator Messaging Center to all Webmail Account Owners. Please follow instruction on this message and your account will be updated within 24hours. We sincerely apologize for this unusual problem.

Thank you for using our online services.

Webmail Administrator.