Unplanned Outage - External Internet intermittent issues

Who is Affected: All Staff and Students on the Townsville, Cairns and Mackay campuses
Service Affected:  External Network and Web Services
When: 14th October 2014 – 11:45am AEST
ETA: Unknown

Description: ICT Networking Staff are currently investigating an issue with the JCU network that is affecting Network and Web Services to and from the Townsville, Cairns and Mackay Campuses. Staff and Students currently on the Townsville, Cairns or Mackay campuses, or users external to the campus who are trying to connect to JCU hosted Web or Network services, may be experiencing intermittent connectivity issues with connections slow to respond or timing out completely.

What do I need to do? No workarounds are currently available for this issue. ICT staff are liaising with our Internet Service Provider on the matter. Please continue to monitor Central Computing Bulletins for further updates.

Ref: PRB0000208