Resolved - External Internet and Network related issues

Who is Affected: Staff and Students on the Townsville campus trying to access external web services and external users trying to access network services hosted off the Townsville campus.
Service Affected:  External Network and Web Services
When: 8th October 2014 – 12:20am AEST
ETA: Resolved

Description: At this stage it appears that the University is no longer affected by this issue. The problem was being caused by an infected computer on the Townsville Campus network that was flooding our firewall. ICT staff have taken the necessary action to remove the offending machine from the University network.

What do I need to do? ICT apologises for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused and if you continue to experience any network or internet related problems please contact the IT Help Desk for further assistance.

Ref: PRB0000203