Planned Outage - Possible interruption to phone services

Who is Affected: Staff and Students on the Townsville and Cairns Campuses trying to make or receive external phone calls from a fixed line
Service Affected:  Telephony Service
When: 25th June 2014 – 8:00pm AEST
ETA: 25th June 2014 – 11:59pm AEST

Description: Avaya, in conjunction with our support agent for the VOIP system is upgrading the software on the servers that provide the link to Telstra. This upgrade may result in service interruptions to incoming and outgoing phone calls during the upgrade. It is anticipated that internal calls will not be disrupted. The work will commence at 8:00pm AEST and will conclude before Midnight. This upgrade is essential for continued support of the system.

What do I need to do? If you are on campus during this maintenance window and wish to make an external phone call please use a mobile phone. If you are unable to receive or make external phone calls after midnight then please contact the ITR Duty Manager on (07) 4781 6954 or (07) 4781 6955.

Ref: CHG0001241