[Bulletin 2014022440Network] Update - Wireless Network Issues - Townsville

[Summary]:
 The problems being experienced yesterday and today have been rectified as much as possible on an adhoc basis to try to provide resources for our
wireless users.  However, a longer term solution has been devised and will be implemented this evening to alleviate the issues in the future.

[Description]:
 The solution developed will require a short outage as more addresses are made available to our wireless clients.  In order to avoid further
interruption to our users, we will be doing this after 10pm tonight so that tomorrow and on an ongoing basis, we will be able to fully accommodate
the number of users connecting to the wireless network.

We apologise for the disruptions to the service and hope that the service going forward is able to meet all of your requirements.

[Date]:
 25-Feb-2014

[Time]:
 10pm

[Duration]:
 ongoing

--
SUPPORT: A System Status Message is available by calling +61 7 4781 6555.
For further assistance, please contact ITHelpdesk (ithelpdesk@jcu.edu.au) who

DISCLAIMER: This Bulletin is provided as a service to the JCU community.
All care has been taken to ensure that the information published
is correct. However, the information provided may be affected by
third party providers or suppliers of computing and communications
information, software, systems and services. While every effort is
made to ensure the information is correct, the decision to use any or
all of the information is your responsibility and James Cook University
disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability (including without
limitation, liability in negligence) for all or any expenses, losses,
damages and costs that may be incurred as a result of information being
incorrect or incomplete in any way for any reason.