[Bulletin 2014022439Network] UnScheduledOutage - Wireless Network Issues - Townsville

[Summary]:
 The wireless network has run out of available addresses to deploy to clients in Townsville.  We have changed the lease time to prevent this from
occurring in future, but the self-correction will occur over time. Until it has been fully rectified, you may connect to wireless, but still fail to
be able to use it due to a lack of an address.

[Description]:
 Our range of IP addresses is a rather large block of addresses, but due to a large number of clients behaving in a non-standard way, we've had to
change the way we respond to requests for addresses. Until this has been fully resolved, many new users connecting to wireless will not be able to
get an address. We have pushed through the main configuration changes, but still must go through manually and remove those clients that have
connected in non-standard methods to allow the addresses to be available again.  We will do this as soon as we are able without impacting the users
currently connected.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

[Date]:

[Time]:
 3:30pm

[Duration]:
 Ongoing

--
SUPPORT: A System Status Message is available by calling +61 7 4781 6555.
For further assistance, please contact ITHelpdesk (ithelpdesk@jcu.edu.au) who

DISCLAIMER: This Bulletin is provided as a service to the JCU community.
All care has been taken to ensure that the information published
is correct. However, the information provided may be affected by
third party providers or suppliers of computing and communications
information, software, systems and services. While every effort is
made to ensure the information is correct, the decision to use any or
all of the information is your responsibility and James Cook University
disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability (including without
limitation, liability in negligence) for all or any expenses, losses,
damages and costs that may be incurred as a result of information being
incorrect or incomplete in any way for any reason.