NS3310 - Applying Evidence to Practice
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject focuses on the translation of evidence to nursing and midwifery practice.
Students build on concepts of evidence introduced in the prerequisite subject NS3118.
During the semester, students are taught the processes of applying evidence at the
point of care and evaluating the effectiveness of the change process used.
- examine selected aspects of current nursing or midwifery practice through the lens
of evidence- based practice (EBP);
- analyse and apply the processes associated with implementing an evidence-based practice
- use knowledge translation frameworks to apply new knowledge into existing practice;
- extend the critical appraisal of primary research studies to incorporate secondary
sources, such as systematic reviews and Clinical Practice Guidelines;
- review the role of the nurse/midwife as a member of the multidisciplinary team when
facilitating EBP change.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Mr Alan Ramsay.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||assignments (50%); 5x online assessments (10% each) (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest