TH2711 - Live Performance Writing
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts
This subject introduces the student to the specifics of writing for the stage as a
creative art and to the language of theatre. It provides students with an understanding
of performance writing. Students will participate in a series of writing exercises
that will lead to the creation of a monologue and/or two hander. Students will also
work with selected texts and have their work read by actors.
- develop the basic skills of writing for theatre;
- experience applying the techniques learned towards the realisation of a performance
- explore the dimensions of stage craft and theatricalisation.
- The ability to think critically, to analyse and evaluate claims, evidence and arguments;
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- The ability to lead, manage and contribute effectively to teams;
- The ability to use and interpret different media.
Study Period 6
|Census Date 23-Jun-2011
|Face to face teaching
(Classes run June 22nd, 24th, 27th, 29th & 30th, 2-4pm. There are five face to face
workshops (10 hours) and up to six Skype sessions (4&5 July, 11&14 July, 18&21 July).)
||<Person not found>.
||writing tasks (30%); essays (20%); (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest