TH2710 - Contemporary Performance
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts
This subject looks at selected contemporary plays from the perspective of the actor,
director, designer and spectator. Students will analyse selected plays as potential
performance texts and will examine the physical properties of text through practical
exploration. This will involve acting set pieces and/or providing a model for designing
or directing selected plays for an imagined production.
- analyse Australian plays within a social, political and historical context;
- realise the performance text within the framework of a rehearsed reading of selected
scenes in any set text;
- lead a seminar on selected aspects of the performance text that involves researching
the play's production history;
- participate in and contribute to seminar discussions;
- explore the physical properties of texts.
- The ability to think critically, to analyse and evaluate claims, evidence and arguments;
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- The ability to lead, manage and contribute effectively to teams;
- The ability to use and interpret different media.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 24-Mar-2011
||Dr Robyn Glade-Wright
||Ms Sue Hayes.
- 39 hours workshops/Seminars
||tutorial attendance and participation (20%); performance 1 (20%), performance 2 (20%) (40%); essays (20%); assignments (20%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest