TH1720 - Australian Stage
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts
Australian Theatre - the performance text 1 looks at selected contemporary Australian
plays from the perspective of the actor, director, designer and spectator. Students
will analyse selected plays as potential performance texts and will examine the physical
properties of text through practical explorations.
- To analyse Australian plays within a social, political and historical context;
- To explore the physical properties of texts;
- To lead a seminar on selected aspects of the performance text that involves researching
the play's production history;
- To participate and contribute in seminar discussions;
- To realise the performance text within the framework of a rehearsed reading of selected
scenes in any set text.
- The ability to think critically, to analyse and evaluate claims, evidence and arguments;
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- The ability to speak and write logically, clearly and creatively;
- The ability to use and interpret different media.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 25-Aug-2011
||Dr Robyn Glade-Wright
||Ms Sue Hayes.
- 39 hours workshops/Seminars
||tutorial attendance and participation (20%); performance 1 (20%) performance 2 (20%) (40%); essays (40%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest