ME2521 - Dynamics of Machine Elements
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
Available to science and engineering students.
Part 1 - Kinematic and kinetic analysis of planar mechanisms; velocity and acceleration
analysis, instantaneous centres for force analysis in mechanisms; virtual work; kinetcs;
energy and momentum methods; impact. Part 2 - Vibration of single degree of freedom
systems; undamped and damped free vibration, forced vibration, vibration isolation
and base excitation.
- analyse velocities, accelerations and forces in planar mechanisms;
- analyse vibration characteristics of single degree of freedom systems;
- produce effective and efficient records of lecturing and laboratory exercises and
reporting of the analysis of the experimental results;
- recall core knowledge of dynamics concepts and theory and analysis techniques.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 28-Mar-2019
||Professor Wenxian Lin
||Professor Wenxian Lin, Dr Rong Situ.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 39 hours lectures
- 26 hours tutorials
- 51 hours practicals
- assessment and self-directed study
||end of semester exam (50% - 70%); on-course assessment, some of which may be invigilated (30% - 50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest