IT1001 - Foundation Italian 1
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Arts & Social Sciences
This subject is for students with little or no knowledge of Italian. It introduces
students to the structure and function of the Italian language. Study of the subject
will acquaint students with basic grammatical structures and provide practice in modern
Italian language as used in colloquial interaction. Students are also introduced to
Italian culture through texts dealing with various aspects of Italian history, arts
- achieve a level of formulaic proficiency (approximately 0+ on the ISLPR scale);
- ability to give simple personal details, to read simple constructed texts and write
simply in the present tense and the perfect tense.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- The ability to speak and write logically, clearly and creatively;
- A coherent and disciplined body of skills, knowledge, values and professional ethics
in at least one discipline area;
- The ability to reflect on and evaluate learning processes and products;
- A commitment to lifelong learning and intellectual development.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 24-Mar-2011
||<Person not found>
- 0 hours lectures - supplied by UNE
- 26 hours tutorials
||end of semester exam (50%); quizzes or tests (10%); oral test (10%); assignments (30%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||Completion of all assignments is a compulsory requirement of the subject. Students
must pass the examination in order to pass the subject.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest