CS3003 - Design of Steel and Concrete Structures
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
Civil engineering design of steel and concrete structures. Application of Australian
Codes of Practice in the design of structures. In this subject the designs will be
oriented to simple structures and more teacher directed than will be the case in Civil
Engineering Design, which will deal with overall structures and be more open-ended
and less teacher directed.
- apply skills learned in related subjects of the course to the design of structural
elements in steel and concrete;
- communicate design recommendations by suitably detailed design sketches;
- produce design solutions to a prescribed professional standard;
- carry out design of structures in consultation with other members in a team environment;
- apply civil engineering design protocol.
||CS2003 AND CS3000
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Dr David Henderson.
- 65 hours - Lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, practicals, site visits and/or seminars. Refer
to Subject Outline for details.
||end of semester exam (40%); design project and oral presentation (60%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest