CI3702 - Chinese Study-Abroad Program 2
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Arts & Social Sciences
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Languages are required to spend two teaching
periods abroad studying in an approved program (beginning with CI3701 in SP2 and continuing
with CI3702 in SP1 of the following year). The precise content of this subject is
negotiated between staff, students, and the host institution(s) overseas. In broad
terms, the subject consists of in-depth study and practice in the target language
through interaction on a daily basis with native speakers.
- the ability to communicate effectively in the target language;
- the objectives of all courses taken in the selected institution overseas.
- The acquisition of coherent and disciplined sets of skills, knowledge, values and
professional ethics from at least one discipline area;
- The ability to reflect on and evaluate learning, and to learn independently in a self
- The ability to read complex and demanding texts accurately, critically and insightfully;
- The ability to speak and write clearly, coherently and creatively;
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 24-Mar-2011
||<Person not found>
- 104 hours - Deep language immersion in host nation is continuous; formal contact hours as per
||as determined by negotiation with host institution (50%); as determined by negotiation with host institution (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest