CI3312 - Advanced Chinese 1b
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Arts & Social Sciences
General Chinese language appropriate to the learning outcomes outlined below.
- a level approaching minimum social proficiency (a notional 2- on the ISLPR scale).
Students will: be able to make reasonably detailed explanations of their areas of
social interest and respond appropriately to native speakers in familiar situations,
express themselves using complex structures and understand the gist of television
programs aimed at native speakers; be able to write continuous texts using complex
sentences and read newspaper and magazine material; and further develop their acquaintance
with various aspects of Chinese culture.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- The ability to speak and write logically, clearly and creatively;
- A coherent and disciplined body of skills, knowledge, values and professional ethics
in at least one discipline area;
- The ability to reflect on and evaluate learning processes and products.
|To undertake this subject, students must have successfully completed 12 credit points
(four subjects) of level 1 study at tertiary level
Study Period 1
|Census Date 24-Mar-2011
||<Person not found>
- 26 hours lectures - Equivalent hours delivered online from UNE.
- 26 hours tutorials
||end of semester exam (40%); quizzes or tests (10%); assignments (45%); (5%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest