TM4401 - Health, Policy and Planning
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
Available to all students enrolled in the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy and other
health science courses. Students must complete all 3rd year level subjects before
enrolling in this subject unless they have prior approval from their academic advisor.
Health professionals need an understanding of the interrelationships between public
policy and planning for health service delivery. This subject will build the linkages
between those two processes and discuss imortant factors that influence them. Methods
used in policy development as well as in the planning and evaluation of health programs
will be examined and practised. Power relationships will also be considered.
- critically analyse health policies and planning processes;
- define health policy and planning;
- demonstrate an understanding of the health policy and planning process;
- identify some of the health policies and planning processes operating in their own
health care setting;
- identify the factors that influence different aspects of the health policy and planning
||OT3004 AND OT3005 OR PS4001 OR PS4101
Study Period 8
|Census Date 27-Aug-2015
|Face to face teaching
03-Aug-2015 to 14-Aug-2015
||<Person not found>.
||end of semester exam (20%); individual assignment (40%); group assignment (40%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest