OT3012 - Professional Practice Preparation
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject will commence in 2014. This subject is only available to students enrolled
in occupational therapy.
The purpose of this subject is for students to develop professional skills and competencies
in preparation for occupational therapy practice education.
- demonstrate professional communication skills including interpersonal skills and documentation
- demonstrate ability to work in teams and use negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- demonstrate professional behaviours such as self management, respecting others values
and beliefs and cultural safety;
- demonstrate ability to use professional reasoning;
- reflect on the importance and use of evidence based practice in occupational therapy.
||HS2401 AND HS2402 AND HS2403 AND (OT2013 OR OT2003) AND (OT2014 OR OT2004) AND (OT2015
OR (OT2011 AND OT2012) OR (RH2001 AND OT2006)) AND RH2002
Study Period 1
|Census Date 26-Mar-2015
||Mrs Louise Myles
||Mrs Louise Myles, Mrs Jackie Eagers, <Person not found>.
- 26 hours lectures - 1 x 2 hr lecture per week
- 39 hours workshops/Seminars - 1 x 3 hr workshop per week
||end of semester exam (40%); presentations (20%); assignments (40%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||Must pass oral exam, must complete and submit all assessment and must attend at least
80% of workshops to pass the subject
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest