TM5552 - Global Health and Development
|Student Contribution Band:
||Sch Public Health,Trop Medicine&Rehabilitation Sc (pre 2015)
Students will be provided with information and skills in relation to designing and
delivering health services in the develoing country context in accordance with stated
policies and frameworks of donor countries and international organisations. The subject
uses LearnJCU and the internet extensively. Participants are required to have good
internet access with reasonable download speeds. Participants are required to visit
a number of websites to download documents. Also participants must contribute to on-line
discussions using LearnJCU. Past topics have included: human rights and health; sustainable
development; millennium development goals; strengthening health systems and examples
of international health and failures.
- explain the Millennium Development Goals;
- understand how international development policy effects health service delivery;
- analyse global health patterns;
- utilise knowlede to help strengthen health systems; explain some of the reasons for
successes and failures in the international health sector;
- discuss the international policies influencing the availability of development ssistnce.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Assoc. Professor Richard Franklin, <Person not found>
||Assoc. Professor Richard Franklin, <Person not found>.
- 0 hours - Internet searching and web-based learning activities.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||assignments (30% - 60%); contributions to on-line discussion topics (40% - 70%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest