TM5540 - Public Health and the Workplace
|Student Contribution Band:
||Sch Public Health,Trop Medicine&Rehabilitation Sc (pre 2015)
This subject focuses on the practice of public health within national and international
frameworks. It explores the impact of the occupational environment on health, including
public health, and reviews various occupational health hazards in industry. Possible
health management strategies are also examined.
- Understand the history and basis for practice of public health in the workplace in
Australia and within the global context, including relevant legislation and guidelines;
- Understand the impact of the occupational environment;
- Understand the various types of occupational health hazards in industry and understand
the various types of health hazards in the workplace;
- Understand the causation and methods of prevention for various important environmental
and occupational injuries and diseases;
- Appreciate and apply various health strategies for the management of environment and
occupational health issues, including hazard identification, risk assessment, risk
control and review.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Assoc. Professor Richard Franklin, Professor Peter Leggat
||<Person not found>, Assoc. Professor Richard Franklin, Assoc. Professor Kerrianne Watt, Professor Peter Leggat.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCUandPrinted materials
||other exams (75%); assignments (25%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest