NS5407 - Contemporary Issues in Nurse Education
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Nursing, Midwifery & Nutrition (pre 2015)
The subject will explore contemporary issues relevant to nurse education. Topics covered
include the changing health environment, societal, health and technological advances
coupled with political and economic influences on professional responsibilities and
workforce requirements. Progress in teaching, learning and assessment strategies will
be discussed in light of developing the nursing profession and its capacity to meet
community needs. The role of the nurse educator will be explored as a means of professional
development and career advancement.
- critically reflect upon the contextual issues that impact on nurse education;
- examine contemporary teaching, learning and assessment issues for nurse education;
- explore factors influencing the workplace experience and workplace learning;
- discuss advancements in technology and their influence in nurse education;
- evaluate nurse education as a career and strategies for professional development.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Dr Helena Harrison
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||essays (40%); assignments (50%); group discussion contributions (10%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest