We've released the new Subject Search, designed to be simpler and faster than the application below.
SY3010 - Sociology of Health and Medicine
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Arts & Social Sciences
Subject content as for SY2010.
- apply a critical sociological approach to assessment of current issues in the health
- demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which health, illness and inequalities
in health status are socially constructed;
- describe and analyse the relationships between health professionals, patients/consumers,
governments, business and other interest groups;
- distinguish between various social theories as they are applied to the analysis of
health and health care systems.
- The ability to adapt knowledge to new situations;
- The ability to think critically, to analyse and evaluate claims, evidence and arguments,
and to reason and deploy evidence clearly and logically;
- The ability to find and access information using appropriate media and technologies;
- The ability to evaluate that information;
- The ability to select and organise information and to communicate it accurately, cogently,
coherently, creatively and ethically;
- The acquisition of coherent and disciplined sets of skills, knowledge, values and
professional ethics from at least one discipline area.
|To undertake this subject, students must have successfully completed 12 credit points
(four subjects) of level 1 study at tertiary level
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest