We've released the new Subject Search, designed to be simpler and faster than the application below.
OT2013 - Psycho-emotional Determinants of Occupation
|Student Contribution Band:
||Sch Public Health,Trop Medicine&Rehabilitation Sc
This subject to commence in 2013. This subject is only available to students enrolled
in occupational therapy.
The purpose of this subject is for students to develop professional skills and competencies
in assessment, measurement, intervention planning and implementation of enabling strategies
to address personal psycho-emotional factors which impact on engagement in occupation.
- apply knowledge of life span development to the analysis of psycho-emotional factors
impacting on engagement in occupation;
- discuss factors that interrupt or disrupt psychological development and functioning;
- demonstrate competence in measurement and assessment of psycho-emotional factors impacting
on engagement in occupation;
- identify appropriate enabling strategies to address issues of psycho-emotional dysfunction
through the use of evidence based practice;
- demonstrate competence in professional documentation relating to the psycho-emotional
determinates of occupation.
- The ability to adapt knowledge to new situations;
- The ability to define and to solve problems in at least one discipline area;
- The ability to deploy critically evaluated information to practical ends;
- The ability to find and access information using appropriate media and technologies;
- The ability to evaluate that information;
- The ability to select and organise information and to communicate it accurately, cogently,
coherently, creatively and ethically;
- The acquisition of coherent and disciplined sets of skills, knowledge, values and
professional ethics from at least one discipline area;
- The ability to manage future career and personal development;
- The ability to speak and write clearly, coherently and creatively;
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- The ability to lead, manage and contribute effectively to teams;
- The ability to work with people of different gender, age, ethnicity, culture, religion
and political persuasion.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest