EL4040 - Literary and Cultural Theory
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Arts & Social Sciences
Available to students in the English Honours program.
This subject develops the issues and debates introduced in EL3037 Critical Theory,
with a view to preparing students for postgraduate research and writing in literary
and/or cultural studies.
- a detailed critical understanding of a range of key literary and cultural theorists
and the issues they present;
- an informed critical sense of key issues in the field;
- a reflexive theoretical sense -- an awareness of the student's own priorities and
practices as a researcher and writer.
- The ability to think critically, to analyse and evaluate claims, evidence and arguments;
- The ability to define and to solve problems in at least one discipline area;
- The ability to speak and write logically, clearly and creatively;
- A coherent and disciplined body of skills, knowledge, values and professional ethics
in at least one discipline area;
- The ability to reflect on and evaluate learning processes and products;
- The ability to learn independently and in a self-directed manner;
- A commitment to lifelong learning and intellectual development.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest