WC5003 - Advanced Women's Studies
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Arts & Social Sciences
Advanced interdisciplinary study of feminist theoretical and epistemological issues
as they relate to select topics in womens studies. Disciplinary areas of study will
draw from feminist scholarship in the arts, humanities and social sciences. Topics
of study may include: women in cross-cultural perspectives; women, science and technology;
women and popular culture; womens health and health care; women and counselling; women
- to develop and demonstrate understanding of epistemological issues underlying theoretical
frameworks and their implications for feminist scholarship;
- to develop and demonstrate understanding of various feminist theoretical frameworks
with which to analyse womens diverse locations and experiences in a range of institutional
sites, practices and texts.
- The ability to think critically, to analyse and evaluate claims, evidence and arguments;
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- The ability to learn independently and in a self-directed manner.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 25-Aug-2011
||Dr Joanne Baker
|Method of Delivery:
||reflective journal (40%); research paper (60%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest