CP2018 - Business Process Management
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Business
This subject focuses on the role of information technology in business process management.
Technologies and techniques that can be used to model, analyse, understand, and design
business processes in a systems approach will be introduced. The roles of enterprise
and business intelligence systems are discussed. Students will gain knowledge of the
technologies that enable business process modelling, process management, change management
and application of information technology to achieve optimisation of business processes.
- understand the roles of enterprise and business intelligence systems in business process
- have knowledge of the latest trends in enterprise and business intelligence systems
for complex business needs and changes to processes, which reflect these needs;
- understand various approaches and methods to model, evaluate and design business processes;
- have a thorough knowledge of business processes, their structure and how processes
fit into the overall organisation objectives;
- apply information technologies to model, evaluate and design business processes to
achieve organisational objectives.
- The ability to define and to solve problems in at least one discipline area;
- An understanding of the economic, legal, ethical, social and cultural issues involved
in the use of information;
- The acquisition of coherent and disciplined sets of skills, knowledge, values and
professional ethics from at least one discipline area;
- The ability to generate, calculate, interpret and communicate numerical information
in ways appropriate to a given discipline or discourse;
- The ability to lead, manage and contribute effectively to teams;
- The ability to work individually and independently;
- The ability to select and use appropriate tools and technologies.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest