TV5212 - Veterinary Professional and Clinical Practice 2/3
|Student Contribution Band:
||TV5211 TV5212 TV5213
||College of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
TV5212 is one of three subjects under which Year 5 of the Bachelor of Veterinary Science
degree program is delivered. These subjects are intended to provide students in the
final year of the degree with an extended immersion in all major aspects of veterinary
practice and employment, including the opportunity for elective periods to facilitate
additional focus in selected areas. This is accomplished by having students complete
a series of three modules, through companion and production animal clinics, practices,
laboratories and government agencies.
- Acquire information from and about clients, perform a clinical examination of their
animals and store and retrieve such information;
- Collect, organise and analyse information in relation to specific problems, assessing
its validity and reaching probabilistic judgements;
- Perform basic diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures;
- Work and communicate effectively and empathetically with colleagues and clients through
a range of media with compassion, courtesy, respect, honesty and without discrimination;
- Perform effectively in a workplace including understanding organisational systems,
human and physical resource management, performance indicators, occupational health
and safety, knowledge management and quality control.
- integrated assessment across subject chain (%).
Special Assessment Requirements
Satisfactory completion of each module within the Fifth Year BVSc course is a requirement
to pass the subject.
As this subject is part of a subject chain, a final
standard grade (e.g. P, C) will only be recorded
for each subject after successful completion of all
parts of the subject chain.
Study Period 5
|Census Date 07-May-2020
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest