SC2203 - Technology and Innovation 4
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
In this technology and innovation subject, students will complete three compulsory
modules, and will choose an additional three optional modules. The three compulsory
modules are data visualisation, intellectual property and technology and society.
The data visualisation module will up-skill students with core skills to uncover and
communicate important information hidden in data using appropriate data visualisation
techniques. The module will consider cutting-edge techniques for visualising data.
The IP and business module explores trademarks, patents, open source data and examines
basic legal principles and the fundamentals of business setup. And finally, the technology
and society module introduces students to an interdisciplinary framework through which
to understand the complex interactions of science, technology and the social world.
- formulate effective data visualisation methods for extracting, evaluating and synthesizing
information contained in data;
- demonstrate sound knowledge of the basic theory and concepts that underpin data visualisation
techniques and strategies;
- critically evaluate empirical evidence and theoretical claims in science and technology
- critically situate technological innovation in social contexts.
- assessment details to be confirmed (67%)
- assignments (33%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest