OT5200 - Advanced Practice within the Rural and Remote Context
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
Applicants must have completed an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in a relevant health
discipline at an Australian University or hold an equivalent international entry level
qualification. Note: Completion of the subject will not enable Australian registration
of overseas qualified health professionals.
This subject will introduce students to the rural and remote context of health professional
practice. Topics relevant to the current social, political and economic climate for
rural and remote practice will be explored.
- locate, analyse and synthesise the available literature to identify current service
delivery issues related to practice in a rural and remote context;
- research, analyse and evaluate theories underpinning current models of service delivery
in rural and remote communities;
- design an evidence based resource for health professionals commencing practice in
rural and remote settings.
- presentations (20%)
- assignments (40%)
- develop a resource for new graduates or clinicians commencing rural and remote practice (40%).
Special Assessment Requirements
In order to pass this subject you must successfully meet the pass criteria within
each assessment item and achieve a subject total of 50% or greater to pass the subject,
demonstrate completion of all compulsory on-line lectures, and participate in online
discussion forums and workshops.
|To enrol in this subject students will require the knowledge and skills commensurate
with completion of an undergraduate degree in a relevant health discipline.
Study Period 8
|Census Date 13-Aug-2020
- 10 hours lectures - Online lectures covering core content
- 2 hours workshops/Seminars - Forum discussions etc.
- 120 hours - Student self-directed learning activities
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest