NS5334 - Professional Portfolios for Career Advancement
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject aims to introduce healthcare professionals to the process of building
a professional portfolio for continuing professional development and career advancement.
Continuing professional development and career development will be discussed and students
will explore and apply concepts related to professional development including reflective
practice, life-long learning, and self-assessment within their context of practice.
Throughout the subject, students will compile their own professional portfolio as
a basis for their ongoing professional learning and development.
- evaluate the different purposes, types, and components of professional portfolios;
- analyse the relationship between professional portfolios and continuing professional
development, standards of practice and career advancement;
- prepare a professional portfolio that illustrates continuous professional learning
against an established set of standards and promotes career development;
- assess learning needs and design strategies that foster continual professional development
and career advancement relevant to a student's context of practice.
- oral presentation (40%)
- portfolio (60%).
Study Period 83
|Census Date 14-May-2020
||Dr Narelle Biedermann, Dr Tracey Ahern, Dr Helena Harrison, Dr Clare Fenwick.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 60 hours - Online accelerated program, 10 hours/week for 6 weeks
- assessment and self-directed study
|Method of Delivery:
||Online - JCU
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest