ME3512 - Heat and Mass Transfer
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
Fourier's Law. Conduction heat transfer, steady state and transient applied to one,
two and three dimensional systems. Fick's Law. Mass diffusion. Numerical solution
techniques. Heat and mass convection. Similarity with momentum transfer. Scale analysis.
Natural convection. Heat exchangers and heat and mass exchange devices. Radiation
transfer including surface properties, multi-mode heat transfer.
- analyse heat and mass exchange problems;
- use numerical methods and simple software packages to analyse heat and mass transfer
- demonstrate relevance of heat transfer in physical processes and provide an in-depth
technical knowledge in this area;
- compile written laboratory reports as part of a team, effectively employing measurement
techniques and error analysis;
- explain the fundamentals of common heat and mass exchange devices.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Professor Wenxian Lin
||Dr Mehdi Khatamifar.
- 65 hours - Lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, practicals, site visits and/or seminars. Refer
to Subject Outline for details.
||end of semester exam (50% - 70%); on-course assessment, some of which may be invigilated (30% - 50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest