MA1009 - Algebra and Calculus 2
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
This subject builds on the mathematics experience of students from MA1008. Topics
covered include differential and integral calculus, differential equations and linear
algebra. The subject will have an emphasis on engineering applications.
- Differentiate and integrate algebraic expressions involving non-integer powers and
exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric and polynomial functions;
- Apply methods of algebra and differential calculus to solve problems;
- Use calculus to sketch graphs of different functions including conic sections to analyse
and interpret the important features of the mathematics;
- Analyse linear systems of equations using properties of matricies;
- Communicate mathematical thinking incorporating the concepts and methods presented
in the course.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 23-Aug-2018
||Dr Darcy Mullamphy.
- 39 hours lectures
- 13 hours tutorials
||end of semester exam (70%); other exams (30%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest