HM3061 - Advanced Studies in Health and Physical Education
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
This subject extends core knowledge of health, sport and physical activity to gain
a comprehensive understanding of underpinning principles and content knowledge in
health and physical education. Areas of student wellbeing, relationships and sexuality,
nutrition, and outdoor education will be explored. The aim of this subject is to equip
students with knowledge, skills and confidence to integrate content, issues and activities
in health and physical education programs in line with programs and student wellbeing
policies and practice. Professional experience placements will be utilised to contextualise
and consolidate learning in this unit.
- apply health, sport and physical activity knowledge and concepts to identify underpinning
principles in health and physical education;
- appreciate the contribution of student wellbeing, relationships and sexuality, nutrition
and outdoor education play in the development and conduct of Health and Physical Education
- critically reflect on student wellbeing, relationships and sexuality, nutrition and
outdoor education experiences, programs and policy to understand implications for
- develop appropriate strategies to support students' wellbeing and safety within school
and/or outdoor education experiences.
Study Period 7
|Census Date 11-Jul-2019
|Face to face teaching
(5 day Block Intensive Workshop 24th June to 28th June 2019)
||Assoc. Professor Maree Dinan-Thompson
||Mrs Stacey Frossling.
- 39 hours workshops/Seminars - 5 day block intensive workshop 24th June to 28th June 2019
||assignments (50%); independent project (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest